So… you’re bringing a little one(s) to Belden, are you?
Stay in touch, learn more, and meet other parents before coming to Belden by joining the Priceless Parents email list, right here: http://lists.false-profit.com/lists/info/priceless-parents
Note: Kids 12 and under do not need tickets!
If you’ve been to Priceless with a kid before, you know pretty much what you’re getting into — plans for kids this year are basically the same as last year, but better organized! If you’ve never done it, we’re here to help!
- We’ll have a “Kidsville” camping area open only to people with kids. You don’t have to camp there, but you’ll find that Priceless will be a lot more fun — and manageable — for both you and your kids. It’s a little neighborhood full of buddies for your little people, and full of people conscious of the kid rhythms and culture.
- There will be a kids’ chill cabin near the main stage, for those times when you need some hot running water, a change of diapers, a fridge, to take a nap, or just take a break. But don’t move in — that’s not what it’s for.
- We’ll have a roster of kid-friendly events and activities, as well as some kid-specific things. If you have things you’d like to add to the roster, just email kids.priceless [at] false-profit [dot] com.
The larger Priceless community is generally an adult-oriented event, with lots of loud, boisterous stuff going on at all hours of the day & night. It is a pretty responsible and respectful community of fun-loving people, but your kids are going to see grown-ups acting like children.
Beyond that, what can you do to optimize your Priceless experience with kids?
You already know about all the stuff you need to bring for your grown up experience, but what additional things do you need for the kids?
- Ear protection — The music gets loud (that is, after all, the whole point) and it’s easily too intense for young ears to get close without something like this.
- Swimming stuff — There will be a bunch of floaties, but if you have/need lifejackets, masks and snorkels, squirt guns, etc, then bring em! The river is delightful, with cool, refreshing water, a beach, stones to throw, a shallow part, and a deep part!
- A hammock — There are lots of trees, there’s lots of shade, and if your little one needs an afternoon nap, there’s nothing better than a hammock.
Lots of the fun in Kidsville is communal. Everyone appreciates anything you bring to share — food, art supplies, face paints, costumes, games, toys, musical instruments, shade structures. One of the best parts of Kidsville is the spontaneous communal kid care that goes on; usually just a few adults hang back at night to deal with contingencies while everyone else is out there shaking it at the main stage!
Lead an Activity!
Do you have an idea for a kid-focused activity? Let us know! Email your idea to kids.priceless [at] false-profit [dot] com!
The annual party-within-a-party is a superfun tradition at Priceless, and it’s great for kids! It starts with a parade through Belden, includes a fun early evening party, and segues into all night dancing.
So get the little ones ready with:
Do you have questions? Suggestions? A need for human contact? Don’t hesitate to email us at kids.priceless [at] false-profit [dot] com